Are you ready to start a new skin care routine but are not sure which products are best suited to your skin type? We are here to help! Believe it or not, skin actually falls into four distinct types - normal, oily, dry, and combination.
- If you have normal skin, your skin not should have visible oil on the surface. To the touch, your skin should feel supple and smooth. You should not see any signs of dead skin or flaking.
- If you have oily skin, you will be easily able to identify it using the simple test below. With oily skin, you will be able to see visible grease spots on the tissue. Your skin may appear to have a constant "shine" to it and you are likely to be always fighting with large pores.
- If you have dry skin, your skin should feel taut to the touch. You have likely noticed dead skin and flaking of the skin's surface. Those who suffer from dry skin usually have small pores.
- If you have combination skin, your skin will exhibit at least some traits of all the above skin types. Most often, the surface of the skin will be oily in the T-Zone and normal to dry elsewhere.
Now that you know what the four skin types are, you might be wondering how you determine which one is you? It's actually quite simple:
- Select a gentle cleanser that works well for all skin types, these include our Eminence Stone Crop Gel Wash and Eminence Rice Milk 3 in 1 Cleansing Water.
- Gently wash your face, make sure that you are removing all traces of makeup. Cleansing before you start the process of determining your skin type will remove dirt, debris, and oil from the skin and allow you to start with a fresh, clean slate.
- When you have finished cleansing your skin, pat your face dry using a soft washcloth. Do not use an abrasive towel, as this can cause irritation to the skin's surface. After carefully patting your face dry, allow your skin to air-dry for about one hour while it returns to its natural state. During this time it is important that you take care not to touch or rub your face.
- Once the hour has passed, take a tissue and gently dab your face with it. You will want to pay particular attention to the "T-Zone," the area of your face where the bridge of your nose meets your forehead.
Determine your skin type, you will be one of the four skin types listed above - normal, oily, dry, or combination.
You have determined your skin type and are ready to place your first order with us? Not so fast!
Before selecting the products that are best for you, you may want to think about if you have any skin problems or concerns
that need to be addressed as well. These are just as important as your skin type when selecting a new skin care routine!
- If you have sensitive or rosacea skin, you react easily to regular skin care products. Your reaction could be mild and include light redness or irritation. Or, your reaction could be severe and include a rash, inflammation, or excessive itchiness.
- If you have acne-prone skin, you are most likely an oily skin type. Those who suffer from acne-prone skin may experience occasional blemishes or frequent, seemingly uncontrollable breakouts.
- If you have dehydrated skin, you are most likely a dry skin type. Having dehydrated skin can be extremely uncomfortable, symptoms can include feeling dry or itchy and visible flaking of the skin.
- If you have aging or firming skin, you are experiencing subtle or visible signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, crow's feet around the eyes, sagging or loose skin, etc.
- If you have hyperpigmentation, you struggle with a general unevenness of skin tones, including dark or sun spots.
Still have questions about which of our products would work best for you? Simply complete the form on our "Ask The Expert"