Eminence Believes in the Power of Planting Trees
Over 14 Million Trees Planted Worldwide
Eminence Organic Skin Care is the first and only skincare company to have planted over 14 million trees. Through the Forests for the Future program, Eminence plants a tree for every product sold, allowing us to partner with them to support communities in developing countries around the world. Because a tree is planted every time you purchase a product, EMstore.com has planted over 252,888 trees as of January 1, 2020!
Forests Can Change the Future
Eminence is changing the world one tree at a time. These trees help minimize the impact of climate change, restore the environment, and create a greener environment for future generations. Trees have been planted in more than 22 countries around the world thanks to Forest for the Future. In developing countries, growing their food and building sustainable incomes for their families is essential, and this makes it possible. Also, several promising climate-smart agroforestry practices have developed to improve crop yields and to revitalize soil health, water use efficiency, and carbon storage.
In 2016, Eminence received the International Spa Association’s (ISPA) Innovate Award for Philanthropic Initiatives for the Forests for the Future program, which plants a tree for every retail product purchased. Eminence is so grateful to all their partners for their ongoing support of Forest for the Future.
The Power of a Single Tree
- Produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year
- Absorbs as much carbon in a year as a car produces driving 26,000 miles
- Helps lower air temperature and combats climate change
- Stabilizes the soil and prevents wind and soil erosion through its roots
- Contributes to the fertility of land through nitrogen fixation and increasing water penetration
A Look Inside: Sustainable Tree Planting Practices in Africa
Not only is Eminence planting trees, but the Forests for the Future Program also helps train farmers in developing countries on how to build productive and sustainable crops and farms. Enabling rural communities to grow, empowering local people to restore their environment, grow their food, and create a sustainable income and future for themselves, their families, and their communities.
The Forest for the future program allows Eminence to positively change people’s lives by planting specific types of fast-growing trees, fruit trees, hardwoods, and food crops systematically over four years. Sustainable food sources, livestock feed, products to sell, fuelwood, and a 400% increase in their annual income in four years has been provided all due to the program participants who have planted thousands of these life-changing trees.
Here Are Some Specific Milestones This Program Has Recently Achieved:
- Trained and supported at least 200 farming families – protecting approximately 2,000 people from extreme poverty
- Produced and planted at least 400,000 fruit, nut and forestry trees each year for household consumption and sale
- Generated an additional estimated annual income of $5,800 per farmer by the fourth year and significantly higher growth in the 5-10 years that follow